Please, stop the madness!
Yes, there are some people who would like stricter gun laws and gun control in this country. (By the way, I am NOT one of those people.)
Yes, there are a few extremists who want to ban all guns in our country. (By the way, Pres. Obama is NOT one of them.) As far as a know, there are no politicians asking for a ban on ALL guns.
So please, stop the madness and all the illogical arguments. Here is what I mean.
Every time the news reports someone being killed by someone with any type of weapon besides a gun, people start to sarcastically say that weapon (whatever it may be) should be outlawed. I know it is meant to be fun, and the first few times it was funny. But not anymore. It has gotten both ridiculous and illogical.
Below are just a few examples of what I have read lately. Continue reading
I consider myself to be a conservative (some may even say fundamental) evangelical Christian.
By that I mean:
- I believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God.
- I believe in the Trinity – Father, Son, Holy Spirit – coequal and coeternal.
- I believe in the virgin birth of Christ.
- I believe in the literal resurrection of Christ (and of us) and a real, physical, visible return of Jesus.
- I believe Jesus is the only way, the only truth, and the only life.
- I believe it is my responsibility to be an evangelist, sharing the good news of Jesus with as many people as possible.
- I believe in all the miracles of Scripture.
- I believe Moses crossed the Red Sea, not the Sea of Reeds.
- I believe in a literal heaven and a literal hell.
But while I consider myself to be an evangelical I often find myself at odds with other evangelicals, mainly on social-issues. So I guess, in reality, I am a contrarian evangelical. Continue reading
Sorry, this post really isn’t about gun control, I just wanted to get your attention.
I have started and stopped several posts since the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School. I have a lot of thoughts about the issue of gun control and the comments I have seen from people on both sides. I don’t think I am going to write anything about my thoughts on gun control because I get the feeling we are still not ready to have a reasonable, civil, discussion. Bring up gun control and people immediately jump to the extremes. I don’t get it. I don’t understand it, and so I will leave it alone.
The tragedy last week has affected me like very few things before. It is not equal to 9/11, but it is close. I can’t watch the news about it anymore. It is to sad…and confusing…and evil…and unexplainable. I have tried to put myself in the shoes of the parents whose children were killed, and I can’t. I don’t know how a parent can process something like that. In some weird way I can process (and even explain) events like 9/11, but I can’t even come close to processes (and explaining) Friday’s events. Continue reading