Ok. Today was my 46th birthday. That’s right, I am now 46 years old…officially middle-aged. I don’t feel that old, and I don’t see myself being that old. However, my hair is greying, my pill box is growing, my daughter is 20, my son is 16, and my wife is still 21 and as gorgeous now as she was on our wedding day.
It was an absolutely beautiful day today in Franklin, TN, sunny and in the 70s. That type of weather doesn’t happen every year. I feel like God gave me a birthday present, and I am glad I could share it with everyone.
I don’t mean to be sentimental, but here are some things that crossed my mind today:
- I am thankful that I am comfortable with who I am and who God created me to be.
- I have really good friends. One of them treated me to lunch, hundreds of them wished me happy birthday on facebook, and I have 1 friend that I have literally known all me life. He was born the day before I was in the same hospital, our mothers shared rooms in the hospital, and his grandmother (a nurse) helped deliver both of us. His name is Clif, and we talked this week about how special it is, and how rare it is, for people to really have a life-long friend.
- I love where I am in life right now. I love my church. I love my community. I love teaching. I love life.
- I am extremely fortunate.
- I treated myself today to a flu shot (happy birthday to me).
- My golden retriever, Sandy, is a great dog.
- My mother-in-law gave me some money for my birthday. I bought a pair of shoes with it. I think I have a shoe fetish.
- This is really a stupid blog.
- Misty made me a chocolate pie for my birthday. It was great! (I like pie better than cake.)
- If you are still reading this blog, you need to get a life (just joking, but seriously, don’t you have something better to do?)
- Some of the best birthday wishes I got today were from people who God brought into my life only a year or so ago.
- I am ready for college basketball.
- My fantasy-football team won its first game this week. Another neat birthday present.
- I am half-way to 92.